
So I was talking Deborah and we got talking about Crocs. Yes, the hideous, plastic, awful shoes that should never in this world have been invented. I was trying to tell her how nasty they are while she was telling me that I am worldly. If being worldly means not buying ugly shoes that cost way more than they're worth, than so be it! I am worldly.
While doing research for this post, I discovered a whole new world of ugliness. Did you know they now have Crocs with fur inside of them?! FUR!!!! and they have these little charms you can attach to them, although why in your right mind you would attach charms to your shoes I don't know. But if you are the owner of Crocs, you probably are not in your right mind to begin with. Then there are Croc boots, Croc Sports shoes (gag!), Croc slips on and the categories go on and on. What I cannot believe is that these things are popular enough that they have expanded enough to create so many different categories of ugly.
During this discussion, our friend Lisa came by and joined in. She made the good point that Crocs can sometimes (and this is a VERY rare sometimes) be used, such as in the garden. Crocs are for those who do not care what is on their feet as long as their feet are comfortable. Price and looks (not to mention dignity) mean little to them. Also Deborah said that Crocs can be cute on little kids. I say that they are only cute because they are small shoes. Any shoes shrunk to the size of a baby doll's shoe is considered cute. But they loss their cuteness after the age of 5. That is the maximum. Period. Who are these people who at 54 are still wearing them? Why people? WHY?!
I have been told that this opinion on Crocs is harsh and unwarranted. Well, I'm sorry? Maybe not. I don't know. I just know that I think they are hideous and should not be worn. By anyone. Ever. The End.
first time I saw crocks was about 5 years ago, when we went diving. the diving instructors were wearing them and to me, that made sense. after all, it's wet and slippery on the boat, especially if the sea is rough. but I agree. they are not very pretty. I guess if you have really bad arthritic feet, you don't care about looks but comfort. but anyone else? there's no excuse. lol
ReplyDeleteI feel so honored to have made it into your blog. And everything I said still stands. I applaud your willingness to take a stance on this heated topic.
ReplyDeleteSincerely, Lisa (not April. I have no idea who this April person is)