Monday, June 22, 2009

Random Glob of Thoughts

Close-up of Leonid Meteor

Random Thought #1: Today I was in Kohl's. There I saw a mother notice that her little boy was about to run out the front doors while she was talking to another lady. The mother asked the lady to hold on a minute, turned toward the escaping little boy and said in a sweet, calm voice:

"Thomas! Thomas! The Boogie Man is going to get you!"

It took everything in me to not burst out laughing. What on earth does the Boogie Man have to do with staying by your mom in a department store?! That's a scare tactic if I ever heard one!


Random Thought #2: On Saturday night, I saw 4 shooting stars. 4!!! I remember growing up always having the people around me see them, but I would always look a second too late. But I saw 4! In one night!!! More like in 2 hours of one night! That has to be lucky in some way, right?


Random Thought #3: The pool in the back of my house is disgusting. We joke that it's radioactive and producing West Nile Virus. After almost two months of looking at it and having my roommates call our landlord to complain, I came home today from an exhausting morning and found some men draining it. They are FINALLY cleaning and fixing our pool!!! Hooray!!!


Random Thought #4: Today I begin my journey in the world of The Olive Garden. This morning I spent almost three hours running around Logan to every store imaginable looking for the correct articles of clothing to make up my uniform. That's right. They give me the apron, I have to find the rest. My uniform includes black slack w/no exterior pockets, a white, long-sleeve, button down dress shirt (the hardest piece of clothing to get a hold of!), a black belt, and black, non-slip shoes. Not cheap! I spent what will probably be about half of my future first paycheck. This seems wrong.


Random Thought #5: My roommates are convicinced our house is haunted. A couple of them have had some creepy experiences. However, I do not believe in ghosts. So I guess we'll have to see about the haunted thing. It does open the door for some awesome pranks though! ;)

4 comments:

  1. I loved your random thoughts! Fun to hear bout your life darling girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I didn't know you're working for the Olive Garden! Congrats! I hope to fully utilize this connection by sitting in your section and eating nothing but the refills of breadsticks, salad, and Diet Coke for hours and hours.

    Look forward to it!

    ReplyDelete