This last weekend I went up to a cabin in Oakley with some friends. We had a lot of fun. We went on a hike, watched a scary movie ("The Others"), ate a cute diner, shot BB guns, ate lots of good food, relaxed and just had a good time.
We got really into the BB gun shooting and even ended up having a tournament. We had two rounds to determine the top four shooters. I ended up being one of them (HUGE shocker to me...honestly!). It was me and three boys. We created a created a course with four stations for the championship. There were 10 targets, 2 minutes and 20 BBs allowed. At the first station you had to crouch behind a bush and shoot down three targets, then run to the next station where you stood and shot three more. The third station required that you lie down and shoot three more and then the last station had you shoot down a target up the hill in a tree. I ended up shooting down all of the targets except the three at the third station and got second place in the Championship. It was a lot of fun!
Summer is coming to a close really fast! I go home for a few days next Thursday and then the next week is Connections Week, where I'm a peer mentor, and then BAM! School start Monday, August 30. That gives me less than 17 days now til my senior year starts. Crazy stuff!
No comments:
Post a Comment