Monday, July 30, 2012

{Everyone deserves the chance to fly}

First thing is first. Here is the dresser that I bought 1 year ago, totally intending to redo it and just barely got around to. Now I've never done anything like this before but I'm pretty happy with the results.

Before:


The drawers are out because I had just moved and my motivation to get the dresser done was that I couldn't bring it in the house til it was done. I decided to paint it black to match the rest of my furniture and attempt to distress it.

After:


The lighting isn't super good in these, but hopefully you get the idea. I like it :)

Next, this weekend I went with some friends to see Wicked in Salt Lake. Oh my gosh. I am not even exaggerating to say that it changed my life. I loved it so, so, so much. I have seriously had the songs stuck in my head non stop for the last three days. Totally worth the $90 and 9 months of waiting to see it. Kaili, Desiree, Deborah and I had decided to make a weekend of it, so we went down on Saturday afternoon. 

We went shopping at City Creek, where Laura met up with us. It was so fun to see her and Loft did not disappoint. 50% off? Yes please!!



Then we went to PF Changs where we had delicious lettuce wraps, among other great food. Our waiter asked us if we were going to the  movies. Um, yeah. Cause we dress up like this for the movies.


We then headed over to the Capitol Theater to see WICKED!!!! Seriously, so amazing. I am obsessed.


The set before it began. Super cool.


Kaili's seat was right behind me. This is us way excited for it to start. and me looking super chubs from this weird side angle. Good things it's fuzzy and a gross pic overall. haha


Here we are outside the theater way excited and lookin' pretty fine, if I do say so myself!


The next morning, we got up and went to Music and the Spoken Word, which was at the Conference Center, because their numbers are so much higher during the summer. That was nice. 

Overall, stellar weekend. Now here I sit, watching the Olympics and tearing up at our national anthem being played when Americans win the gold. Does it get much better than this?! What a good life.

4 comments:

  1. Good work on the dresser! It is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loft?? again?? you're in trouble, missy. that's my store. to round out the great week/month, there's this little foam run this week ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow excellent job on the dresser. It looks like a completely different one! Nice work.
    I still have not been to City Creek. Ugh seriously what is wrong with me? Those lettuce wraps make me want to go right now though. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Haylee! You really should go. City Creek is fun :) and the lettuce wraps are the best part!

      Delete