Sunday, April 26, 2009

Oh the stress...

You would think that after two years of living away from home, I would be used to it. But today during church (without being provoked by anything) I became really homesick and came home and just cried. Sad I know! I mean come on! I'm 20 years old!!! Aren't I supposed to be all grown up and used to living on my own and comfortable with the fact I no longer live with my parents. I guess none of those things really bother me. It would just be a lot easier if my family and I lived closer to each other so I could go home more than 3 times a year. It drives me crazy when people complain about being so far from home and their family is only 2 hours away. Or they whine and complain about having to go home for little things on the weekends and I wish I had that luxury. Not that I'm complaining about my life. I love it and I am so happy I chose to come to school up here. It's just a little more difficult than I ever imagined it would be. Hopefully, time will help it get easier. Maybe by the time I graduate, I'll be good. :)

Maybe I'm just really stressed out with finals coming up this week and everything and it just exploded into homesickness. I took a nap this afternoon while watching Pride and Prejudice (Kiera Knightly style) and I feel much better. Yup it's gotta be a sign that I'm growing up that taking a nap puts me in a better mood. hahaha Wow.

4 comments:

  1. Oh man, Alyssa I love you! I had kind of the same thing today! And I feel the same way all the time! People talk "it's so hard being so far away from my family, etc. etc" but they really have no idea huh!? I know how you feel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey baby girl! I was so sad after talking to you yesterday. I miss you all the time but as a mom, I'm supposed to be good at "letting go" of the baby chicks as they leave the nest. you know you can call me whenever and chat! I love you TONS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm sorry girly! i will do better! i love you lots though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're only 2 hours away and would be thrilled to be a minor substitute for your "real" home -- we would LOVE to have you come hang out for as long as you want.
    Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete