Friday, January 15, 2010

10 Years and Counting!

First of all, I need to say...HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY MOM AND DAD!!!! This also means that it is the 10th Anniversary of the five of us becoming a family. While it's been quite the roller coaster experience, I believe that we have all become better people and a stronger family. I love my parents and the way the chose to raise us. While yes, they are strict and had rules that other kids thought were absolute jokes, I see others who were raised in a much more care free way and I definitely prefer my upbringing. I was raised to be proud of work that I do, to fulfill all commitments I make, to be dedicated, hard working, disciplined, and value family time. I think all of these are amazing characteristics to have and I am soo lucky to have the parents I have and that they were wise enough to bring up my siblings and me in the manner that they did. They not only teach us when situations necessitate learning but they also lead by example. I couldn't have asked for a better family.

School started this week and I think I have my schedule where I like it. I dropped Developing Societies. I figured, if I didn't like Sociology 1010 what makes me think I'll enjoy Sociology 5650?! And since I have a lot of spare room for classes next year, I just figured I'll take another class that will fulfill the same requirement then. It also made a tiny bit of room in my schedule so that I can now take an Institute class, which makes me very happy. I am taking Pearl of Great Price from Brother Maughn, who I took from last semester. I am very excited for it! I also have a very good work schedule. I am an incredibly lucky girl. I have such a good life and I am loving every moment of it!

Great news! The Aggies won their away game on Wednesday at Nevada!!! It was such a good game and both teams really played so hard! We ended up going into overtime and won 79-72. It was a well earned victory and now increases our ranking in the WAC. Tomorrow night, we host Boise State. I'm not too worried because this year, they kinda suck to be honest. They are 0-5 I believe in conference play and since we are at our home, the poor Broncos don't have a chance. That will mean that we will win all three of our games this week. What a good way to start off the semester! I knew they had it in them! (hopefully I don't jinx us!) Now if they keep this up, we may still end up with a very successful season. Go Aggies!

1 comment: