Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Foggy Abyss

I was watching Gilmore Girls sometime last week and happened to be watching the one where Rory has a breakdown because she's graduating from college. This is what she said and it hit very close to home:

"It just feels like I'm standing on a cliff looking out into this huge, foggy abyss. Like a HUGE, foggy abyss. And my whole life, there's never been an abyss. It's been abyssless. And I've always known exactly what is in front of me. I've known exactly where I'm going and now I don't know what's out there. Except fog. A lot of fog. And I hate not knowing what is out there."

I couldn't have said it any better myself.

One week from today, I'll have taken my Fitness Assessment Practical. Two weeks from today, I'll have taken my last final. 17 Days from today, I'll be graduating from college. I'm freaking out. But I have to keep it together. I have to keep it together for grades, for myself and my sanity, and for my friends that are experiences some tough times in their lives who need me. I'm trying really hard to keep it together. What I really need right now is a nice long drive, some good tunes, oreos, and someone to talk to as we drive away from reality for just a little while. Otherwise, I might have a breakdown of my own. But you know, sometimes it just feels good to cry it out. Stupid foggy abyss...

1 comment:

  1. You'll do great.. after all, you're a Craig. kick ass girl..

    ReplyDelete