So everyone has been freaking out about the bipolar weather, which has honestly been pretty annoying to me. How long have you been here?! This is what Utah (especially Northern Utah) Spring is like. One day it's beautiful and sunny and people get their little hopes up and the next day it's a blizzard and everyone whines and complains. Just suck it up. It will be over in the next month-ish. Now, I don't particularly like this weather, I've just accepted that this is what we have to go through. Whining about this is just like whining about 100 degrees in July or snow at Christmas...that's just how this season goes!
Well, you would think that since I've been so loyally defending this season (regardless of it actually being my least favorite of the four...go Autumn!) that it would cut me some slack. False. Spring decided to be a total bitty today.
I checked the weather this morning and it said about 50 and rainy. I can handle that. So I put on my comfy shoes and rain jacket and headed to campus. By noon I was walking through two inches of slush because the sky couldn't decide if it wanted to rain or snow and every time I walked outside, my shoes and socks were soaked within seconds.
Thursday is my long day on campus, but due to an event that some of my friends were in, I stayed even longer. By the time I left campus, it was about 8:15 pm and both of my roommates that are still in town (Kaili is in Vegas) were at work, so I started the trek home, knowing it would be a cold one for my poor feet. By the time I reached the Institute (a 10 second walk from the student center) my feet were already soaked. No biggie, I thought. I'll just hurry home! I got to the intersection to cross the street and as I was standing there, waiting for the light to change, a jeep screamed by splashing me with slush. Great! I continued my walk home and decided to stay with the longer hill because it had a side walk and I didn't want to get splashed again. Bad idea. First off, I got stuck behind a girl taking up the whole side walk and walking incredibly slow! I mean, yeah she had on cute galoshes that matched her cute umbrella, but some of us wanted to get home before their toes fell off. I finally passed her and as karma would have it, I fell. Yes, I fell!!!! I have prided myself on not having fallen ever since I've been to college, so I knew it had to happen. My bum was wet and my pride hurt but I laughed it off and continued my walk home. At this point I was really cold and had about another 4 minutes to go, which isn't bad unless you have wet, frozen feet, a wet bum and hurt pride. With about 1.5 minutes to go, I fell again! This time right on my right knee. It hurt like none other. For some reason this made me angry so I got up and with all the energy I had hobbled home (yeah I might have limped like a gimp for a little bit) until I finally got home when I quickly discarded my soaking clothing items and exchanged them for warm sweats.
Here are my battle scars...I know it doesn't look bad, but it looked worse at first and if you can see those little bruises, you would know I must have hit the cement really hard because I don't easily bruise, a trait I wish I could trade for amazingly colored bruises.


Moral of the story? Don't try and befriend Mother Nature in the Spring. She's a bitty that will ruin your perfect no fall record with exactly one month til graduation and practically ruin your favorite shoes.
hahahahah!! I love you!! I hope your leg gets better! Ps. my face is on your blog! Yessssss. Love you! Love, Ash
ReplyDelete