Sunday, June 19, 2011

Still Happy :)

I've been wanting to blog for a while but either haven't had the time or a topic to write about. I still don't have much but let's talk about the summer really quick...

It's almost the end of June. Crazy! and bad! Bad because 1) I haven't really started job hunting yet (I'm taking a couple days of work this week to do so) and 2) I've barely, barely started training for my race in 10 weeks. That would not be a fun thing to do without training! But even with the little bit I've done I've noticed my body remembering how to run and be strong and get just a tiny bit better each time. Very gratifying!

My wonderful friends Kathryn and Kristin married their respective lover boys on June 10. It was so much fun to go see them and then spend the day going to Kristin and Petey's luncheon and then reception. They all looked really happy and it was just a really sweet day overall. Congrats to them!

At the risk of my mom calling me a "Molly" again, I also want to say that I've been able to see the hand of the Lord a lot in my life this summer. Right at the end of the semester I was hurt pretty badly and I've been able to see the Lord helping me heal and to move on. He's also helped me to see the positive changes this person brought into my life that I will forever be grateful for and maybe give me a glimpse at why they were in my life. In my day to day life, I see Him helping me get the things done that I need to and make decisions that will effect my whole life. I'm starting to see a little light of hope in the dark tunnel of uncertainty I'm currently in and I appreciate that so much. I know everything happens for a reason and I know that He will guide me in making the right decisions. I know eventually everything will fall into place and work out.

Lastly, I am going to New York City in August with some of my friends!!! My great friends Monica and Garrett are moving there at the end of this month and when they told us to come visit, that was an offer we couldn't pass up! I am sooo excited! If you have been there, I would LOVE to hear your "must do" activities while we're there.

Even with all the changes going on in my life, I am happy. I have a really good life!

1 comment: